Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Wales anyone?

Guess what we did yesterday!
 
We headed off to Holyhead for the day, Holyhead you say? Yes Holyhead!
 
A friend of mine did it a couple of years ago and she mentioned it to a few of us, so we took her up on the offer and we booked the day trip a few weeks ago.
 
An early start was required but the kids were excited so what can you do!
 
We managed to get good seats, near the cinema etc.  We brought the kids out on deck, we saw Holyhead approaching, it was great.  We left a rainy Dublin and arrived in a nice warm overcast but pleasant Holyhead.
 
We hit Holyhead and headed straight for the chipper despite my eyes swivelling left and right to all of the charity shops.
 
Rush rush yes get the chips in, let's hit the charity shops.  We only had 60 mins before we had to get back on the boat to Dublin. 
 
I didn't do too badly.  The last shop had a sewing section and I found a gorgeous straw sewing basket, and a selection of old buttons, if only I had more time I would have sat down and gone through them but I grabbed what I could. 
 
Buttons - old buttons!
 We did get the chips, they were delish, and I am definitely heading back to Holyhead but catching the later boat! 
 
Chipper time


On the way back home!
Meanwhile in the crafty world I have been busy I promise!
 
Hairclips in the making

Outbound to a gift shop
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Any comments, thoughts, feedback is welcome!